How can I read and prepare for Literature in English 2021 WAEC? Do I really need literature in English WAEC syllabus 2021 to prepare for my WAEC? Where can I download literature WAEC syllabus 2021 PDF? I know these questions are dwelling in your mind for a very long time because you want to come out in flying colours. Well you are at the right place today.
In this blog post, we shall be discussing extensively 2021-2025 WAEC literature in English Syllabus pdf download The West African Examination Council is responsible for the setting and marking of the WAEC Examination. The body has made provision for the Exam syllabus to help candidates in preparing for the forthcoming examination.
It encompass the text for African Prose, Non-African Prose, Shakespearean Text, African Drama, Non-African Drama, African Poetry and Non-African Poetry.
WHAT IS 2021 WAEC SYLLABUS?
A syllabus a requisite document for teaching in that it serves to outline the basic elements of a course including what topics will be covered, a weekly schedule, and a list of tests, assignments, and their associated weightings. … In many ways, the course syllabus functions as text itself for each course.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be three papers – Papers 1, 2 and 3, Papers 1 and 2 will be composite paper and will be taken at one sitting.
Paper 1 will be a multiple choice objective test. It will contain fifty questions distributed as follows:
- Twenty questions on General Knowledge of Literature
- Five questions on an unseen prose passage
- Five questions on an unseen poem.
- Twenty context questions on the prescribed Shakespearean text.
Candidates will be required to answer all the questions within 1 hour for 50 marks.
Paper 2 will be an essay test with two sections, Sections A and B
Section A will be on African Prose and Section B on Non-African Prose.
Two essay questions will be set on each of the novels prescribed for study.
Candidates shall be required to answer one question only from each section within 1 hour 15 minutes for 50 marks.
Paper 3 will be on the Drama and Poetry components of the syllabus.
KINDLY READ : 2021 JAMB SYLLABUS FOR BIOLOGY
It will be put into four sections, Sections A, B, C and D as follows:
Section A: African Drama
Section B: Non-African Drama
Section C: African Poetry
Section D: Non-African Poetry
There shall be two questions on each of the prescribed drama texts for Sections A and B. There shall be two questions for each of the poetry sections i.e Sections C and D.
Candidates shall be required to answer one question from each of the sections, making a total of four questions. The paper will take 2 hours 30 minutes to complete and will carry 100 marks.
- The Unseen Prose passage for Paper 1 shall be about 120 – 150 words long.
- Only context questions shall be set on the Shakespearean text. The context questions will test such items as theme, characterization, style and setting in the Shakespearean text.
REQUIRED TEXTS FOR 2021 – 2025
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- Let me Die Alone by John K. Kargbo
- The Lion and the Jewel by Wole Soyinka
- Look Back in Anger by John Osborne
- Fences by August Wilson
- “Black Woman” by Leopold Sedar Senghor
- “The Leader and the Led” by Niyi Osundare
- “The Grieved Lands” by Agostinho Neto
- “The Song of the Women of my Land” by Oumar Farouk Sesay
- “Raider of the Treasure Trove” by Lade Wosornu
- “A Government Driver on his Retirement” by Onu Chibuike
- “The Good-Morrow” by John Donne
- “Caged Bird” by Maya Angelou
- “The Journey of the Magi” by T.S. Eliot
- “Do not Go Gentle into the Good Night” by Dylan Thomas
- “Binsey Poplars (Felled 1879)” by G.M. Hopkins
- “Bat” By David H. Lawrence