The Dawn Project Poetry and Pictures: A View From the Heart and Eyes
The Dawn Project is dedicated to addressing the consequences of climate change, plastic pollution and ecosystem/biodiversity degradation through artistic expression, in order to ensure a cleaner and healthier environment which will ultimately be beneficial to the well-being of all citizens, and by extension, the world at large.
Established in 2020 by a collaboration of people and generous support from sponsors, we are pleased to announce “The Dawn Project Poetry & Pictures: A view from the Heart and Eyes”.
Adult: N200,000, N100,000, N50,000 plus consolation prizes.
Students Ages 15-18: N100, 000, N50,000, N20,000 plus consolation prizes.
Students Ages 7-14: N50,000 , N30,000, N20,000 plus consolation prizes.
The Grand Prize for the Creative Design: N200,000, N100,000, N50,000 plus consolation prizes.
Special Lufasi Park Prize for the entry with the most likes – N100,000.
In 75-150 words, write a creative poem to illustrate issues surrounding climate change, environmental crisis and ecological topics. Think about the threat of these in your lifetime/your community/your country. Include your own ideas, suggestions or experience(s).
Contestants are invited to create a piece around the theme. The entry could be in either photography, illustration, graphic design, motion graphics, craft or cinematography
The Picture should reflect climate change environmental degradation or the prevention of it.
1. Follow @Dawnprojectnetwork on Instagram / Twitter or visit our website
2. Click the link in our bio to register, accept the terms & conditions and upload your entry
3. Entries should have participant’s name and category in their captions. Categories Include: Age 7-14, Age 15-18, Adult Category and Pictures (Creative Design)
4. ALL the entries will be expertly reviewed by a panel of Judges.
5. You may post your entry using the hashtag #DawnProjectPoetry&Pictures on Instagram or Twitter. Entries may also be reposted on our social media platforms.
- All entries should be submitted in either JPEG or PDF format.
- Please be sure to clearly label your work in your caption, with your personal details: name, age, and occupation/school (include district if applicable), work and contact details (email). You must also complete the online registration form.
- All entries must be the original work of the contestant submitting and previously unpublished.
Who is Eligible?
What is different about The Dawn Project Poetry Competition?
All the entries that made it to the final stage of the competition will be expertly reviewed and the winning piece submitted for publication in a major newspaper.
Also this opportunity is not limited to writers only, we are urging talents from all over to showcase their artistic quality and creativity
Launch Date: 21st of March, 2021
Extension to: 5th of June, 2021
Webinar and Prize Giving Day: 26th of September, 2021